Deadline: February 28, 2018Offered by: Preservation Alliance of West Virginia
Location: Multiple sites, West Virginia
Type: Full-time, short-term
Organization website: http://www.pawv.org/americorps.html
Positions still available! The Preserve WV AmeriCorps program is currently recruiting for short-term, full-time (officially "accelerated half-time"), 950-hour positions where AmeriCorps members will start immediately and end August 27, 2018. There is an opportunity to renew for an additional 12-month term in a full-time (1700-hour) or half-time (950 hour) position beginning August 28, 2018.
The positions currently open are:
- Northern WV Brownfields Assistance Center (Morgantown);
- Pocahontas County Opera House (Marlinton);
- Wheeling Heritage (Wheeling)
We are currently working with sites on a few other positions to become open in January. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for full position descriptions and more information.
Accelerated half-time members (950 hours) will receive a $6,300 living allowance payable in bi-weekly installments. Students currently enrolled in an institute of higher learning are encouraged to apply for the half-time member positions, as the service time and projects for these positions may be used toward internship requirements (if approved by your institution). Workers compensation insurance will be provided, and health insurance coverage is available. A child care subsidy can be available for qualified candidates. A federal educational award will be provided after successful completion of service.
Preserve WV AmeriCorps is a statewide service initiative where members complete historic preservation, community development, and museum-based projects to revitalize West Virginia’s special places. Each position is different through the Preserve WV AmeriCorps program, but members should expect to serve in local communities where they complete group preservation projects, manage volunteers for their sites, coordinate heritage tourism events, and provide educational services to the public. Preserve WV AmeriCorps members will be placed with individual sites throughout the state of West Virginia, ranging from museums and archives to Main Street organizations and city agencies.
* Complete the AmeriCorps application, submitted under the Preserve WV AmeriCorps program at the website: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=61908&fromSearch=true
* Each applicant must review the position descriptions (supplied via email upon request) and send a cover letter or formal email to email@example.com explaining position(s) of interest and why he/she would like to serve at those sites and be a good fit for the position(s). Applicants can apply to more than one site at a time. You can also send a resume at this time.
* Complete a written questionnaire for the Preserve WV AmeriCorps program located at: https://goo.gl/forms/jxTsOJQQs1bil8oA2