Deadline: Nov 26, 2021
Offered By (Name of Organization): The Garden Conservancy, Inc.
Location (City, State): Garrison, NY
Salary: $35,100 - $37,500
Organization Website: https://www.gardenconservancy.org/
The Opportunity: Headquartered in the Hudson Valley of New York State about 50 miles north of New York City, the Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to preserve, share, and celebrate America’s gardens and diverse gardening traditions for the education and inspiration of the public.
The Garden Conservancy fulfills our mission through a variety of preservation and educational programs. The Conservancy helps new and emerging public gardens become community-based public resources and established public gardens manage both natural and manmade challenges to their survival. The Conservancy also holds eight conservation easements on gardens across the country. The organization shares distinctive gardens and ideas with the public through garden-study tours and educational programs, including Open Days, America’s only national garden visitation program. In everything it does, the Conservancy champions the vital role gardens play in our shared culture, history, and quality of life.
Position Summary: An integral member of the growing preservation team, under the direction of the director of preservation, the preservation assistant will be responsible for providing support for preservation projects and department operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the lead support for the preservation department and help improve digital and physical filing systems, maintain database records for all garden partners and project inquiries
- Coordinate seasonal check-ins with conservation easement property owners/garden leadership and staff
- Coordinate logistics for the conservation easement program, the Preservation Symposium, Garden Conservancy Northwest Network meetings (online and in-person), schedule tours and coordinate Preservation Virtual Coffee Hours
- Provides support for implementation of the Preservation Symposium, Garden Conservancy Northwest Network and Preservation Virtual Coffee Hours
- Help create PowerPoint presentations for board and other meetings
- Assist with research, writing, proofreading, and disseminating materials for various project areas as needed
- Coordinate with project partners to produce short video introductions and garden tours
- Responsible for maintaining contacts and mailing lists in Raiser’s Edge database
- Maintain digital and hard files of preservation committee presentations, agendas, and meeting minutes
- Record and transcribe preservation committee meeting minutes
- Assist with coordinating and arranging travel accommodations for the director of preservation and the preservation associate as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Solid writing skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collegially and effectively with colleagues and volunteers
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite. Raiser’s Edge database experience is preferred, but experience with other database software is also valuable.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field, and 2+ years administrative experience.
Please send your resume, letter of interest, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Mention “Preservation Assistant” in the subject line.#Jobs