Deadline: Sep 18, 2020
Offered By (Name of Organization): City of Brunswick
Location (City, State): Brunswick, MD 21716
Salary: Range Starts at $50,000
Organization Website: www.brunswickmd.gov
The Main Street Manager reports directly to the City Administrator. The Main Street Manager works with City Department Heads and other City Hall staff, but daily work duties will be overseen by the Brunswick Main Street Board Chairman. However, this position is largely a very independent position.
The Main Street Manager’s primary responsibility is the development, coordination, administration, documentation, and implementation of Brunswick Main Street’s revitalization effort. The manager should act as a full-time, enthusiastic advocate for the commercial district, and an authority on information, resources, and programs related to revitalization initiatives. The Main Street Manager’s duties include:
- developing strategies for preservation-based economic development in collaboration with the Brunswick Main Street Board of Directors;
- managing the administrative aspects of the downtown revitalization program;
- developing and conducting public awareness and educational programs;
- assessing and developing the capacity of district businesses, institutions, and groups to carry out joint improvement activities;
- serving as the point of contact for businesses locating in downtown Brunswick;
- assisting individual tenants and/or property owners with physical improvement projects;
- building strong state and local partnerships;
- developing and maintaining systems to track the progress of the Main Street program;
- representing the Main Street program at the local, state and national levels;
- and coordinating the activities among the Brunswick Main Street committees.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a combination of education and recent work experience with a related non-profit and/or municipal/county government setting. Qualified candidates should also have direct work experience in more than one of the job duties listed above. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with key stakeholders including volunteers, business owners, property owners, and local government and community partners are critical for a successful candidate. Prior direct knowledge of the Main Street America program is preferred. Skills and experience in grant writing, fundraising and non-profit marketing (including experience with social media and websites) are also preferred. The ideal candidate will be a confident, motivated, self-starter, and possess the skills and discipline necessary to hit the ground running with minimal training and oversight.
Applicants must be able to work Monday – Friday, 8-4:30pm, and be able to attend evening committee and Board of Directors meetings as required.
Applicants may be required to submit to a background investigation and drug screening. Applicants are required to submit both an application and resume by 4:30pm on Friday, September 18, 2020 to Assistant@BrunswickMD.gov or 1 West Potomac Street, Brunswick, MD 21716. The City of Brunswick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.#Jobs