Preservation Leadership Training® Targeted: Board Building and Preservation Planning Workshop
Brought to you by National Trust for Historic Preservation and made possible through the generous support of the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
March 26–28, 2020
We are no longer accepting applications for this training. If you already submitted an application you should hear from us shortly.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation in partnership with the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) will host a two-day workshop designed to address the specific needs of executive directors, trustees, and boards managing African American historic sites and museums.
Topic areas will include non-profit management, preservation planning, board development and fundraising strategies. Workshop facilitators will use highly interactive exercises, case studies, small group work, and assignments focused on the specific needs of participant organizations.
The workshop offers effective methods of advancing organizational goals and provides knowledge on the processes and skills to promote leadership development for building sustainable organizations.
The goals of the workshop are to:
- Increase the capacity of organizational leaders;
- Expand the skills and strategies available to board and executive staff; and
- Engage participants in active communication about challenges and solutions to common organizational development issues.
- Thursday, March 26, 6-7:30pm (Location TBD) Participant Welcome Reception
- Friday, March 27, 9am-5pm (Location TBD) Full Day Workshop
- Saturday, March 28, 9am-Noon (Location TBD) Half-Day Workshop, board chair and executive director required, others optional.
The two-day workshop will be followed by a six-month period of check-in calls to help organizations move from learning to application and successful implementation. Cost
A non-refundable cost of $300 will be charged for each organization participating in the workshop. There is no fee to apply
for the workshop. Application Process
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up to receive updates about future trainings.
- Organizations wishing to participate should submit an application on or before February 17, 2020
- Due to program format, only 3-5 organizations will be accepted to participate in the program.
- Participating organizations must enroll their chief staff person and at least four (4) board members to attend. All staff and board members must attend Thursday and Friday activities. Only the chief staff person and board president/chair are required to attend the Saturday session.
- Additional board members per organization may be accommodated on a space available basis.