Forum Connect

Latest Discussion Posts

• Posted in: Forum Connect

If we are to fight sprawl and reduce the use of cars by making creative forms of public and private transportation economically feasible, It seems to me that our cities and towns have to grow by increasing the population density of the original single-family ...

Can you point me more directly to the parts of the Minneapolis middle housing reforms is pro preservation and/or anti demolition ------------------------------ Richard Michaelson Inner City Properties Portland OR (503)274-1035 ---------------------- ...

April, I am so glad you broached this topic because it is something that I have been interested in for a while now, especially in relation to historic tax credit projects. Although the NY Times article Jeremy cites may not mention it, preservation is ...

​Minneapolis has just eliminated single-family zoning in all neighborhoods to encourage multi-family housing and more density. Not a word (in this NY Times article, at least) about preservation of architecturally significant buildings or neighborhoods: ...

Just an update on some events happening here in Evanston, IL. City Council voted the other night NOT to proceed with demolition of the Harley Clarke Mansion after a public referendum proved by 80% that the public wanted the house saved. Win for preservation! ...

1 person likes this.

Newsroom

• From the Blog

Where Culture Meets Nature: Route 66 and the Landscapes of America

• Award Winners Accounced

The 2018 Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Award winners have been announced! The coveted Driehaus Awards are presented at the Welcome and Reception during PastForward at the Palace of Fine Arts.

Take the Poll--Are you going to PastForward?

Latest Shared Files