Forum Connect

Latest Discussion Posts

• Posted in: Forum Connect

Evaluating the accessibility requirements of an historic home to be used as a community senior center.  ADA accessibility guidelines vs. NPS guidelines. Should accessibility be paramount, while preserving as much of historic integrity as possible, or ...

• Profile Picture

Murals in Historic Districts

Posted in: Forum Connect

Dear Friends and Colleagues, One of Missouri's Certified Local Government communities recently contacted me with a concern about a mural in progress in their downtown. Though murals with lettering could be considered signage and subject to local ...

Hi, Nancy. In theory design guidelines could be adopted for a district where a commission believes it is important to allow larger edge development within district boundaries. The guidelines could describe how that larger development would be considered ...

I've had the great pleasure of collaborating with many tribal communities whose heritage values favor intangible preservation rather than the physical. The work has fundamentally changed our preservation practice and led us to a values-based approach ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Commercial Solar Farming

Posted in: Forum Connect

Dorchester County, Maryland has been dealing with permits for large commercial solar farms, one across the road from the East New Market Historic District.  You might contact Mayor Caroline Cline of ENM for details on this issue.  I believe the solar ...