Forum Connect

Latest Discussion Posts

• Posted in: Forum Connect

Hi Jeremy, I am an information professional here at the GCI, so, sadly, I do not have the power to rekindle (or kindle, for that matter) any projects. I'm afraid I don't have the answers you seek. That said, I know there are still a few people here ...

Hi David, Your question is deceptively simple, but a really important one. Asking "what is the value of preservation" usually presupposes a desire to convince people that the way professionals practice historic preservation is always "good", "correct", ...

• Profile Picture

Nu-lok slate roofing system

Posted in: Forum Connect

I am wondering whether any of you have any information about the Nu-lok slate roofing system. http://www.nu-lokusa.com/ One of our grant recipients wants to use this system to replace a conventionally built slate roof. One of the main ...

I am a member of the Edwardsville Historic Preservation Commission in Illinois. We have done an unveiling of aluminum siding inviting the public to see the well preserved redwood siding beneath the aluminum. This makes it less scary for home owners who ...

Hi Amy, The Getty did some really good foundational work on preservation values 15+ years ago, but is there any chance that you'll rekindle this area? When Randy Mason, Erica Avrami, and Marta de la Torre (authors of all this work) left, so did any ...

Newsroom

• PastForward Keynotes Announced

Get to know your TrustLive keynote speakers at PastForward in San Francisco this November! Milton Chen, Senior Fellow, Executive Director, The George Lucas Educational Foundation; Victoria Herrmann, President, Managing Director, The Arctic Institute; and Terry Tempest Williams, Conservationist, Advocate for Free Speech, Author.
  • Arches DC Information Session, October 15

The Arches team will be presenting Arches Version 4, the new online/offline Arches mobile data collection app for environmental impact assessments and cultural resource designations.
  • Welcome to Forum Connect!

Get started with our Welcome Tour, and then get talking!