Forum Connect

Share Your Announcements/Events/Deadlines January 2021

• 1.  Share Your Announcements/Events/Deadlines January 2021

Posted 19 days ago
    Edited by Priya Chhaya 19 days ago
    Happy New Year Forum Connect!

I hope everyone had a restful and safe holiday and are back with a new sense of energy for the year to come. I know that 2020 was hard on a variety of levels but I am thankful that we have this community space to share and consider some of the harder questions of historic preservation. In case you missed it...

1. Take a look at some of the stories and resources from 2020 on Preservation Leadership Forum.
    2. Read Marisa Brown's 7 preservation resolutions for the field
    3. Share your own thoughts, intentions, and resolutions on Forum Connect.

And don't forget to take the PennPraxis Survey

Complete a 10-minute survey that explores the makeup of the historic preservation field and how it is changing in light of contemporary issues. The survey is a project of PennPraxis, supported by the 1772 Foundation. Results will be shared in publications available on the PennPraxis website. For more information, contact rfmason@design.upenn.edu.

Forum Webinars

We some exciting webinar's coming up in January. We have the details for two finalized, and will share the registration links for the others as they are available.

• Preservation Advocacy During the First 100 Days of the Biden Administration and the 117th Congress. January 28th 3pm.
    • We are also working with California Preservation Foundation on a series of webinars examining Endangered Sites of Diversity in California. You can learn more about the series here, and register here.

Endangered Sites of Diversity with the National Trust for Historic Preservation. A special series in partnership with the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Three programs throughout the month of January, highlighting California's most endangered historic sites associated with California's diverse heritage.

• Part 1: LGBTQ History: Lyon Martin House, San Francisco | 1/19 - 12-1 PM
      • Part 2: Immigrant History: Harada House, Riverside | 1/26 - 12 - 1 PM
      • Part 3: Native American Heritage: West Berkeley Shellmound, Berkeley | 2/2 - 12-1:00 PM PST

Otherwise remember the code of conduct, and feel free to share any announcements, events, and deadlines for the coming months!

------------------------------
    Priya Chhaya
    Forum Connect Community Manager

Associate Director of Content
    National Trust for Historic Preservation
    Washington DC

• 2.  RE: Share Your Announcements/Events/Deadlines January 2021

Posted 17 days ago

Thanks, Priya! I'm offering a new free bootcamp next week (Jan 11-15) through my Facebook group - aimed at anyone who wants to launch a creative community project. Arts events, preservation projects, history celebrations, better urban design, etc. If you need help with structure, funding, capacity building, and inspiration, Join my group to watch the short daily sessions (available on replay through the week) and get that project off the ground in 2021!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/diywithdana

Audacious 2021- register in advance to get my free workbook: https://www.danasaylor.com/bootcamp

I hope you are all well in the New Year. I'm so grateful to be a part of this smart and collaborative community. <3

Dana

Dana Saylor
    Buffalo NY