Forum Connect

Historic Marker Signage

• 1.  Historic Marker Signage

Posted 03-07-2019 09:37
    I am having Trouble with accessing a vendor to make our Marker. My State doesn't do them anymore. Missouri.
    The company that I contacted, would love to do it, but I have to send what I want on the sign to the State Historic Office, who will send the order to them.
    Please assist me.

• 2.  RE: Historic Marker Signage

Posted 03-07-2019 16:14
    Erie Landmarks and Franklin Bronze Plaques have been sponsors at our conference before. Not sure if they can help as a go-between btwn you and the SHPO.
    Hope this helps!
    Colleen

------------------------------
    Colleen Danz
    Forum Marketing Manager
    National Trust for Historic Preservation
    Washington DC

• 3.  RE: Historic Marker Signage

Posted 03-08-2019 09:34
    I can't speak to the part about connecting with the SHPO. But, we use Sewah markers in Marietta, OH.

Heather Bratland
    Historic Resources Officer
    City of Winston-Salem
    Winston-Salem NC

• 4.  RE: Historic Marker Signage

Posted 03-08-2019 10:41
    Thank you Heather:
    I was given Sewah markers from the Nebraska historic coordinator.  I contacted them, and was told I had to send the information to the SHPO and they would forward the information to them. I am thinking the information has to be accurate and approved.  I can understand that.  I am not sure how this can be done, if the state no longer does that.  They (Sewah) was going to contact them and call me back.  I will reach out to them again.  Thank you, they have what we would like to have.

--
    L Vannessa Frazier
    Executive Director
    Howardville Community Betterment
    Project Manager - City of Howardville - EPA Brownfield Cleanup Grant Award
    Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Culture of Health Leader - CoHort 1
    105 Howard Ave
    Howardville, Mo. 63869
    573-233-0926 - cell
    573-688-2137 - city hall - message
    573-688-5445 - fax
    newsonlydia@gmail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication contains information intended for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from other disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by returning it via email and then permanently delete the communication from your system. Thank you.

• 5.  RE: Historic Marker Signage

Posted 03-08-2019 11:37

--  Yes, Heather, You are exactly right.  I forwarded the email from the State, which included a list of companies to contact.
    And I also fowarded an email from my new friend, David,  Nebraska SHPO Coordinator who gave me their link as their provider.
    Amanda emailed me back and said they would do it.    Sewah, hasn't did a marker for the State of Missouri, since 1999. 
    Goodness
    Thanks you guys, have been a great help!

L Vannessa Frazier
    Executive Director
    Howardville Community Betterment
    Project Manager - City of Howardville - EPA Brownfield Cleanup Grant Award
    Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Culture of Health Leader - CoHort 1
    105 Howard Ave
    Howardville, Mo. 63869
    573-233-0926 - cell
    573-688-2137 - city hall - message
    573-688-5445 - fax
    newsonlydia@gmail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication contains information intended for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from other disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by returning it via email and then permanently delete the communication from your system. Thank you.