Forum Connect

Say Hello to Colleen Danz, Your New Community Manager!

• 1.  Say Hello to Colleen Danz, Your New Community Manager!

Posted 07-10-2018 10:07

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that this is my last day as your (official) community manager. I cannot tell you how thrilled I have been at the awesome success of this community, and to those of you who have kept talking, kept replying, and kept coming back, I can't thank you enough. When I started working at the National Trust four years ago, this was just something we wanted to do. It is thanks to so many people for their hard work and passion that this became a real thing. A successful community cannot exist without the dedication of its members, and those of you who write posts and answer questions are the reason this place is still thriving. I will certainly continue to be a member as a graduate student and can't wait to see this community grow.

On that note, I'm so excited to introduce you to your new community manager, Colleen Danz! Colleen has been behind the scenes of this project from beginning to end. She is, officially, the Manager of Forum Marketing for the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Unofficially, she is the office jokester, the biggest PastForward cheerleader, and a great colleague and friend. I'll let her introduce herself to you all...

------------------------------
    Rebecca Bice
    Associate Manager for Forum Member Engagement
    National Trust for Historic Preservation
    Washington DC

• 2.  RE: Say Hello to Colleen Danz, Your New Community Manager!

Posted 07-10-2018 10:17
    Thanks Rebecca for all your hard work and enthusiasm in launching Forum Connect ... and building it to what it is today!
    I'm excited to join you all here as your new Community Manager and see where we can go with this community. Feel free to message me directly with any ideas, concerns, or issues.
    And ... as Rebecca noted, I do like jokes. My jokes are more of the "dad joke" variety, the ones that make people roll their eyes ... like, Why did the yogurt go to the art museum? ... Because it's cultured!
    I unfortunately (though my co-workers might say fortunately) don't have any preservation "dad jokes" so if you have any, feel free to share!
    Looking forward to what's to come for Forum Connect, and thank you and goodbye, Rebecca!

Colleen Danz
    Forum Marketing Manager
    National Trust for Historic Preservation
    Washington DC

• 3.  RE: Say Hello to Colleen Danz, Your New Community Manager!

Posted 07-10-2018 13:54
    Good luck with your next adventure @Rebecca Bice! You will have a wonderful time pursuing a graduate degree and expanding your toolkit.

@Colleen Danz, I will work on having preservation dad jokes ready for PastForward! ​​

Sarah Marsom
    Heritage Resource Consultant
    Tiny Activist Project
    me@sarahmarsom.com

• 4.  RE: Say Hello to Colleen Danz, Your New Community Manager!

Posted 07-11-2018 10:24
    Good bye Rebecca! Seems your tenure was brief even though you were here a long time. Thanks for your work! Good luck in your next phase!

Paul Stewart

• 5.  RE: Say Hello to Colleen Danz, Your New Community Manager!

Posted 07-11-2018 11:22
    Thank you for all your hard work on making  Forumconnect a great clearinghouse of information and support for so many of us.  Best to you in your future endeavors - and welcome, Colleen!

• 6.  RE: Say Hello to Colleen Danz, Your New Community Manager!

Posted 08-05-2018 21:36
    Hello Colleen and welcome!! Thank you for keeping the forum conversations going!

April Johnson Forum Member
    Executive Director
    Preservation Durham
    Durham, NC
    919-682-3036
    april@preservationdurham.org
    april@preservationdurham.org