Forum Connect

Share your events/deadlines: December

• 1.  Share your events/deadlines: December

Posted 8 days ago

Hello All!

Your community manager here! Continuing with a monthly post for you to share your events/deadlines/upcoming activities in one spot for December.

Please feel free to share in this thread any relevant events, deadlines, or resources that are available the month of December. Even if your event is very geographically specific, I think there's value in all of us seeing what's out there and what people are doing-I know I find it interesting and helpful to learn what's going on out there!

I'll get it started … I always have something to share here!

• Several upcoming deadlines for NPS grants from the Historic Preservation Fund. Learn more here.

The fine print!

* The community is meant to be a place for conversation and dialogue, sharing of ideas and asking of questions, I certainly want it to be a comfortable place where you're not bombarded with promotional material, I also want you to be able to share some great events you're hosting or relevant material/resources that you have available. So to that end each month I'll start a thread for you to share events/deadlines/resources that are available in the coming month. Of course, we want the material and events to be relevant and make sense for the community members, but if we all include them in one post, we won't degrade the integrity of the community (per the Code of Conduct we don't want this to be a place where people sell their products or services, but if you have an event coming up that you think people would be interested in or have a call for ideas we can collect those all in one post every month). I also think by sharing events it may spark discussion or generate ideas for things that you may be considering doing.

If you have questions of what would be appropriate, just send me a message. And, please don't post jobs here-we have a jobs board for that!

------------------------------
    Colleen Danz
    Forum Marketing Manager
    National Trust for Historic Preservation
    Washington DC

• 2.  RE: Share your events/deadlines: December

Posted 8 days ago
    Call for Ideas!

We're seeking abstracts for the upcoming Forum Journal focusing on preservation law.  The Journal is scheduled for spring. Deadline for abstracts is December 20.

We're seeking articles on all aspects of preservation law, including-but not limited to-new or evolving legal trends or tools; local ordinance issues; environmental justice and preservation; climate change; public lands; preservation and social justice; First Amendment and religious properties legal issues; and the intersection of law and policy with public engagement in preservation.

If you're interested in writing for the Journal, please start with a 500-word abstract (for what will eventually become a 2,500-word article). We are seeking articles that present an argument, thesis, exemplary case study, or perspective to our preservation leader audience. Avoid impartial narration, except as background.

Please send your abstract to forum@savingplaces.org by Friday, December 20, using "Forum Journal: Preservation Law Abstract" as the subject line of your email. We look forward to reading your submissions!

Thanks!

Rhonda Sincavage
    Washington DC
    (202)588-6322

• 3.  RE: Share your events/deadlines: December

Posted 7 days ago
    FYI the deadline for the Mary Thompson and David J. Brown Main Street America Institute Scholarships is Dec. 15.  Learn more here.

Tali Jamir
    Associate Manager of Member Engagement
    National Main Street Center, Inc.
    Chicago IL

• 4.  RE: Share your events/deadlines: December

Posted 7 days ago
    Edited by Priya Chhaya 4 days ago

Grants now available for the African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund!

I know it's not a December deadline, but we're excited to announce that we're now accepting letters of Intent (LOI) for the African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund. Letters of Intent are due Jan 15, 2020! It's a two-step grant process--if your LOI is accepted you'll be asked to submit a full application. Grant recipients will be announced July 2020.

If you or someone you know has a historic place such as a site, museum, or landscape representing African American cultural heritage, submit your LOI today at https://forum.savingplaces.org/build/funding/grant-seekers/specialprograms/aachactionfund. The Action Fund supports projects focused on African American cultural heritage, and can include: Capital Projects, Organizational Capacity Building, Project Planning, and Programming and Interpretation, with funding ranging from $50,000 to $150,000!

Last year, 22 projects received a total of $1.6 million dollars, with projects spanning the US, from the African Meeting House in Boston to Historic Westside in Las Vegas. You can learn more about these projects here.

Thanks!

Diana

Diana Maxwell
    Washington DC