Forum Connect

Land Banks and Revolving Funds for Property Restoration

• 1.  Land Banks and Revolving Funds for Property Restoration

Posted 10-19-2017 16:45
    Hi Everyone,

I am with a small historic preservation non-profit and we have been interested in setting up a land bank for a few years now. We recently got a lead on some potential funding and are in the beginning stages of getting a plan together. If anyone has any experience on this and can recommend some resources or organizations to reach out to, I would greatly appreciate it.

We will also be attending the Past Forward conference in November and would love to meet up with folks who have some experience with this and pick your brains a bit. If anyone is interested in meeting over coffee or cocktails during the conference, please send me a note and I'll reach out to you personally.

Thanks for the help!

------------------------------
    Michelle Larime
    Associate Director
    Nevada Preservation Foundation
    Las Vegas NV
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Land Banks and Revolving Funds for Property Restoration

Ambassador
    Posted 11-01-2017 18:07
    ​Hi Michelle, you've probably run across the Center for Community Progress in your exploratory research. I'd highly recommend the organization and its work: very experienced, very pragmatic, and increasingly interested in historic preservation as a community stabilization tool. For an on-the-ground example, the Greater Syracuse Land Bank has a strong preservation ethos, though it's not primarily a preservation organization.

Cara Bertron
    Deputy Preservation Officer
    City of Austin