Forum Connect

2020: New Year, New Community Manager

• 1.  2020: New Year, New Community Manager

Posted 01-06-2020 12:38
    Edited by Priya Chhaya 01-06-2020 12:39
    Happy New Year, Forum Connect!

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself as your new community manager. While @Colleen Danz isn't going too far she's going to be focusing on a different part of the program here at the National Trust. That being said, many of you may remember me as the community manager way back in the days when we had an email listserve, and I am so excited to be back!

For those of you who don't know me, I've been at the National Trust since 2006 and am a practicing public historian (and preservationist). For the last 13 years I've served preservationists across the country through the development of stories and content for Preservation Leadership Forum. Last year I had the privilege of managing the track on Celebrating Women's History at PastForward in Denver, and in recent months I've expanded my role beyond Forum to develop content for all of the National Trust's digital properties.

Here's a quick Two Truths and a Lie about me.

• I published a children's book in 2016. 
    • I spent a sabbatical in 2017 considering the ways in which stories of underrepresented communities are being told. Specifically how we use multidisciplinary tools to fill in narrative gaps when primary sources are not accessible. 
    • I won an Olympic Gold Medal in shotput in 2034. 

Looking forward to chatting further! 

(If you're on Twitter or Instagram I am @priyastoric, but be warned I occasionally post about Star Wars and other sci-fi/fantasy related pop culture). You can learn more about me at www.PriyaChhaya.com

Priya ​

------------------------------
    Priya Chhaya
    Associate Director, Publications and Programs
    National Trust for Historic Preservation
    Washington DC

• 2.  RE: 2020: New Year, New Community Manager

Posted 01-06-2020 14:14
    Sitting right across from @Priya Chhaya I can tell you all that I can see her olympic gold medal on display!!!
    It's been fun leading the Connect charge, but as Priya said I won't be going too far ... and I certainly will be chiming in where I can on Connect!​
    Colleen

Colleen Danz
    Forum Marketing Manager
    Washington DC

• 3.  RE: 2020: New Year, New Community Manager

Posted 01-07-2020 13:21
    Thanks so much @Colleen Danz for such a warm welcome to this discussion board! Look forward to keeping in touch.​

Cindy Olnick
    Los Angeles, CA

• 4.  RE: 2020: New Year, New Community Manager

Posted 01-07-2020 13:24
    Hi @Priya Chhaya and congrats! I must know more about your sabbatical. Look forward to reading about it on your site!

Cindy Olnick
    Los Angeles, CA

• 5.  RE: 2020: New Year, New Community Manager

Posted 01-07-2020 14:00
    Welcome back, Priya!

Pam O'Connor
    Michigan Advisor
    Kalamazoo

• 6.  RE: 2020: New Year, New Community Manager

Ambassador
    Posted 01-10-2020 10:51
    Priya, welcome back to leading what is really just listserv 2.0! (Or would that be more like 5.0 by now?) And, Colleen, thank for all you have done for this community. It's been a blast being more involved this past year and I look forward to seeing it continue to grow!

Barbara

Barbara Howard
    Stonebridge Learning, LLC
    Minneapolis MN

• 7.  RE: 2020: New Year, New Community Manager

Posted 01-14-2020 09:44
    Thanks @Cindy Olnick @Pamela O'Connor and @Barbara Howard for the warm welcome (back). I really appreciate it.  Looking forward to working with you in the year to come!

​​​

Priya Chhaya
    Associate Director, Publications and Programs
    Washington DC