Forum Connect

Current Preservation Easement Issues

• 1.  Current Preservation Easement Issues

Posted 10-25-2018 09:55
    Edited by Raina Regan 10-25-2018 09:55

Hello, preservation easement community! What issues are you currently tackling in your day-to-day easement management? Do you have a great success story to share? We're looking forward to the 2018 PastForward Easement Roundtable on November 14, where we encourage participants to bring your questions and concerns for crowd-sourced responses from fellow easement practitioners. If you aren't able to join us in San Francisco, you can still participate in the discussion by sharing your questions here on Forum Connect, where we'll bring them to the group for feedback. I'll get things started….

How can we develop new preservation easements that allow both easement-holding organizations and property owners flexibility to adapt to climate change impacts? I would be curious to hear if any organizations have modified their easement document – either to address a specific climate threat or more broadly to look at all impacts – to provide additional flexibility to address climate change.

Feel free to share your responses to this question, add in your own question(s), or send me a private message with an issue/question you'd like to see discussed.

------------------------------
    Raina Regan
    Senior Manager of Easements
    National Trust for Historic Preservation
    Washington, DC
    ------------------------------