Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship
Award winners will be honored at the 2020 PastForward Conference in Miami, Florida. The nomination period for the 2020 National Preservation Awards has closed.
The Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship recognizes success and innovation in historic preservation, management, and programming at historic sites. The general evaluation criteria for nominations include the following:
- National impact and/or significance of nominee’s project or effort
- Quality and degree of difficulty and/or scale of the nominee’s project or effort
- Degree to which the nominee’s project is innovative or original, or serves as an example that inspires others or can be more broadly replicated
- Special consideration will be given to projects/organizations that promote engagement with diverse stories, audiences, partnerships, or similar
- Special consideration will also be given to projects/organizations that use creative or innovative techniques or models to support long-term historic site sustainability
To be eligible for consideration:
- Nominated projects/programs must have been completed within three years of the submission deadline.
- Nominations submitted in previous years that were not selected to receive an award may be updated and resubmitted.
- Nominations may be made without the knowledge of the nominee, but nominees must be present at the award ceremony to receive recognition.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Nominated projects can be submitted on behalf of nonprofit or for-profit organizations.
- Properties owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, to include contract-affiliate Historic Sites, will not be considered, nor will individuals or groups of individuals for their work relative to National Trust Historic Sites.
- December 16, 2019: Nomination period opens
- February 21, 2020: Nomination forms due at 11:59 p.m. local time
- By July 1, 2020: Nominators and award recipients notified
- October 28-30, 2020: Award presented at PastForward 2020 in Miami, FL. Award recipients are required to be present at their award presentation.
All nominations must be submitted online. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
Click here to access our online awards and grants submission center. To begin your nomination, you will need to use your existing login or select "Create New Account". Once you have created an account and logged into the system, click "Apply" from the menu at the top of your screen. Select the 2020 National Preservation Awards (For Individual and Organization Nominees). Please note, this is different from the 2020 Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards form nomination form. Once you begin your nomination, you will be able to save your progress and return to the site to continue working on the form.
Contact email@example.com or (202) 588-6132.