Search

1 to 10 of 54
Sort by

Blog Entry
Building the Young Preservationist Movement

When you look around at historic preservation events in your community, who do you see? Do you see a spectrum of individuals who represent the diversity of your community in terms of gender, ethnicity, profession, and age? If not, the time to work toward a more inclusive preservation movement is...

Sarah Marsom's profile image

Blog Entry
Preserving the Sites of American Music

By Jeffrey A. “Free” Harris It took me years to realize how many music sites surrounded me while I was growing up in Hampton, Virginia. I attended my first concert at Fort Monroe—a National Historic Landmark, National Monument , and a National Treasure of the National Trust for Historic...

Special Contributor's profile image

Blog Entry
Full Recordings of the PastForward 2017 TrustLives Are Now Available

This past fall attendees from across the country gathered in Chicago for PastForward 2017. During the conference, attendees were treated to three TrustLive keynote presentations that provided connective tissue between the work of preservation in Technology, Health, and the Future of Cities. ...

Colleen Danz's profile image

Blog Entry
PastForward is about the Future: A PastForward 2017 Recap

Friday at PastForward began with our final TrustLive, which featured documentarian Holly Morris. Morris' presentation, which focused on her film, "The Babushkas of Chernobyl," was followed by a discussion with Anna Ricklin from the American Planning Association; Bonnie McDonald from Landmarks...

Priya Chhaya's profile image

Blog Entry
Preservation is about Story: A PastForward 2017 Recap

“Architecture is the hardware to software of life. Our art and culture is our user interface.” —Bryan C. Lee Jr. Visit the Preservation Studio, and tell your story at the Preservation Leadership Forum booth. | Credit: Priya Chhaya From transfer development rights to your brain on...

Priya Chhaya's profile image