The Pocantico Center Preservation Fellowship is a two-week residential fellowship in historic preservation that provides the opportunity to reside and work in the historic Marcel Breuer House at Pocantico Hills, NY from Monday, July 17 through Sunday, July 29.
Funded by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund and the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the Pocantico fellowship is structured to provide professionals with two weeks of dedicated time for a defined project with significant benefit to the preservation field.
The project must be of significant benefit to the preservation field, such as work on a book, long article, or key speech/presentation on the future of preservation, sustainability and historic preservation, re-imagining historic sites, urban issues and preservation, gentrification and density, or another topic of key importance to the preservation field.
In addition to lodging, Rockefeller Brothers Fund will provide approximately $125/week for food. In addition, transportation to and from NYC will be covered, while the National Trust will fund other reasonable domestic transportation costs. International travel will not be reimbursed.
Application and Eligibility:
- Applications will be accepted from professionals in preservation or related fields. There are no restrictions on where applicants are applying from, but note transportation reimbursement above.
- Applications must be completed online through the National Trust's Grant Application Portal.
- Deadline is March 31 for the July 2017 Fellowship.
- The Pocantico Center Fellow for 2017 will be selected by the Pocantico Center Preservation Fellowship Selection Committee and will be notified in mid-April.
- Applicant must be available for the duration of the fellowship at the Marcel Breuer House—July 17 to July 29, 2017.
- Applicant should be prepared to submit a follow-up summary after the fellowship to Preservation Leadership Forum for future content, such as a conference session, blog post, article for Forum Journal, etc.)
- National Trust for Historic Preservation staff are not eligible to apply, but staff at co-stewardship or affiliated sites can apply.
We invite you to share this announcement widely and to encourage qualified individuals to apply.