National Preservation Law Conference 2017
A program of Preservation Leadership Training®
Brought to you by National Trust for Historic Preservation in partnership with Georgetown University Law Center and Georgetown Law
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Lunch included and cocktail reception to follow program.
Georgetown University Law Center
600 New Jersey Avenue NW
Download the 2017 Law Conference Agenda.
Join your colleagues in the Capital City for a highly focused look into preservation law, highlighting the most recent and influential developments. This intense session will provide you with the knowledge and skills to effectively advocate and champion key preservation issues.
The National Preservation Law Conference 2017 allows you to enhance your leadership skills to more effectively produce results within your community. Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits will be available.
Join leading preservation attorneys, scholars and professionals for the latest developments and trends in historic preservation law. Hear from national legal experts on topics that include preservation at the federal level, preserving America’s cities, leveraging historic preservation in real estate development, National Monuments and traditional cultural properties, international cultural heritage, and climate change.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for the 2017 National Preservation Law Conference–drawing nearly 200 attendees from the Northeast region and reaching thousands more.
$495 regular rate until June 9
$250 for Preservation Leadership Forum members, Georgetown University Law Center alumni, non profit and government employees until June 9
Rates increase after June 9. $545 for regular rate and $300 for Forum members, Georgetown Law alumni, non profit and government employees.
Who Should Attend?
- Are you a preservationist who deals with legal issues within your community on a regular basis? Do you want to hone in on your legal skills and become a better champion for preservation?
- Are you an executive director or leader within an organization that regularly deals with legal issues in the preservation movement? Do you not have legal support or a policy expert on your staff and want the skills to be able to serve as the voice for your organization?
- Are you a landscape or real estate attorney who has become an accidental preservationist and need to know the ins and outs of preservation law?
Georgetown University Law Center
is within walking distance from Washington, D.C.'s Union Station. Union Station is a Red Line Metro stop for D.C.'s Metro system, as well location for Amtrak and MARC (commuter rail servicing Maryland, Washington, DC and West Virginia). Many regional bus services also stop at Union Station.
See below for local hotel. Georgetown Law has agreements with the following three hotels, allowing you to receive a special discounted rate:
Questions? Email email@example.com. Sign up to receive updates about future trainings.
- Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
(202) 737-1234 or (800) 233-1234
When calling the Hyatt for reservations, please request the Georgetown University volume rate, or Corporate Code 58549.
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel
415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
(202) 638-1616 or (877) 499-5277
When calling for reservations, please us the corporate code GEORGE.
- The Hotel George
15 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
(202) 347-4200 or (800) 576-8331
When calling for reservations, please request the Georgetown University Law Center rate.