Deadline: July 1, 2018
Offered by: State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, State Historic Preservation Division.
Location: Kapolei, HI
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Organization website: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/shpd/
Organization contact: Alexis Caramonte, firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is responsible for the review, guidance and support of Construction Improvement Projects (CIP), demolition adn alteration projects from the City and County and review of State and Federal (Section 106) projects, as assigned. In addition, this position is responsible for annual basis to maintain and update SHPD's State inventory of historic properties (SIHP). Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Citizenship Requirement: The State of Hawaii requires that all persons seeking employment with the government of the State shall be citizens, nationals, or permanent resident aliens of the United States, or eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment in the United States.
- Knowledge of: Applicable State and Federal preservation laws, regulations and standards; the National Historic Preservation Act, Archaeological Resources Protection Act, Chapter 6E, HRS and the Secretary of Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation; and Microsoft Office, GIC, and Arc View.
- Skills/Abilities to: Establish and maintain effective working relationships with federal agencies, professional or lay groups, public officials, and the general public; negotiate adequate preservation protective measures; and read and interpret design and construction plans.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree in Architectural History with concentration in American architecture; or a bachelor's degree in architectural history, art history, historic preservation. or closely-related field.
- Specialized Experience Requirements: Two (2) years experience in conducting 106 reviews for architectural projects. It is preferred that at least one of the two years experience include reviews pf federal and military construction and demolition projects.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Architectural History or Historic Preservation may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
- Doctorate degree in Architecture, Architectural History or Historic Preservation may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
License Requirement: Applicants must possess a valid license, type 3 or higher, to drive in the State of Hawaii,
Physical and Medical Requirements: Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position effectively and safely, with or without reasonable accommodation. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The State of Hawaii is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
This position is exempt from the civil service and considered temporary in nature. Therefore, if you are appointed to the position, your employment will be considered to be "at will," which means that you may be discharged from your employment at the prerogative of your department head or designee at any time.
Submit applications to:
Department of Land and Natural Resources
Attn: Ms. Myrna Agustin
1151 Punchbowl Street, Room 231
Honolulu, HI 96813
Please complete and submit an Application for Non-Civil Service Appointment (HRD 278). Recruitment number is EX112243. NOTE: The State Recruiting Office will refer you to the Department of Land and Natural Resources regarding this exempt position.
If you have any questions regarding this non-civil service exempt position, please contact Ms. Alexis Caramonte at (808) 692-8036 (Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (HST). The State Recruiting Office will refer all inquiries regarding this exempt position to the Department of Land and Natural Resources.