Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship
The Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship recognizes success and innovation in historic preservation, management, and programming at historic sites. The general evaluation criteria for nominations include the following:
- National impact and/or significance of nominee’s project or effort
- Quality and degree of difficulty and/or scale of the nominee’s project or effort
- Degree to which the nominee’s project is innovative or original, or serves as an example that inspires others or can be more broadly replicated
- Special consideration will be given to projects/organizations that promote engagement with diverse stories, audiences, partnerships, or similar
- Special consideration will also be given to projects/organizations that use creative or innovative techniques or models to support long-term historic site sustainability
To be eligible for consideration:
- Nominated projects/programs must have been completed within three years of the submission deadline.
- Nominations submitted in previous years that were not selected to receive an award may be updated and resubmitted.
- Nominations may be made without the knowledge of the nominee, but nominees must be present at the award ceremony to receive recognition.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Nominated projects can be submitted on behalf of nonprofit or for-profit organizations.
- Properties owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, to include contract-affiliate Historic Sites, will not be considered, nor will individuals or groups of individuals for their work relative to National Trust Historic Sites.
- July 1: Nomination opens on National Trust website
- August 15: Nomination deadline closes
- By September 12: Recipient notified and invited to attend award ceremony
Please download and fill out the 2016 Historic Sites Award Nomination Form in order to apply. Send your completed nomination, along with supporting materials, to Kelly Schindler at email@example.com.
Contact Kelly Schindler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 588-6344.